Splash into Disney’s World of Color

Disney has always been the happiest place on earth but will it be beaten out by California Adventures due to the new water attraction, World Of Color? Everyone has heard the buzz of this new creation especially since it was estimated to have cost about $75 million.  According to joyful reviews and happy ticket-holders, the three-acre lagoon has been a complete hit and a must see.

The 26-minute show includes scenes from Disney movies, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Toy Story, Up, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Fantasia, A Bug’s Life, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lion King on a water mist projection, like the mini one on the ride Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. Along with the Disney clips, the Mickey Ferris Wheel, lights, music, and fire also star in the show.

In order to view the show, California Adventures patrons must either get a fast pass near the rapids entrance or preorder the picnic package which includes a meal of your choice, a 20 oz soda or drink of your choice, and a souvenir tote bag for 14.99, along with a quality seat to enjoy.

Seating is sectioned off into four colors: blue, red, green and yellow. Sitting in the blue section has been rated the best area to view. However, there are down-sides to some seating, such as getting wet or being unable to see over the heads of tall people. Saving seats is illegal due to the fact that seating is very limited.

“We sat in the blue section and didn’t get wet,” Freshman Gabby Esquvial said.

It is important to remember all of Paradise Pier is shut down for World of Color so make sure to ride everything in that area before the show or you may miss your chance.

Overall, World of Color is completely magical! Pictures and videos do not even compare to seeing it in person. It is important as young adults to reminiscence on those childhood experiences, such as Disney, before we slip away into an adult land of stress. Plan a trip to California Adventures soon.

View Comments (2)