• The home football game on 10/31 has been moved to 10/30 for safety reasons. JV at 4:30 Varsity at 7

• Drama Club is hosting the first Coffee House Night of the year in Room 5002 at 6pm Oct. 29th. Anyone is welcome to perform or come watch.

• Congratulations to Advanced Theatre on DTASC Wins!

• Red Ribbon Week Dress up days: Monday: Give Drugs the Boot - Western Day Tuesday: Look to the Future - College Day Wednesday: Be A Hero, Say NO to Drugs - Superhero Day Thursday: One School, One Goal - Wear Red

• WELCOME DR. JOSH PORTER, OUR NEW PRINCIPAL!

Carlsbad lacrosse team beats Colorado Heritage Eagles

Scott De Taboada, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, March 28, the Carlsbad Lancers took on a Colorado travel lacrosse team. The Heritage Eagles traveled upwards of 1000 miles to play against the Lancers.

The Lancers started out slow. In the first 15 minutes of the game alone, three different players scored against our team. However, junior Kevin Moyer refused to allow this to get his spirits down. With 1:43 left in the first period Moyer scored, turning the tides in the game and beginning Carlsbad’s comeback.

“I wasn’t about to let those guys walk all over us,” Moyer said. “There were still three quarters left in the game, our team still had a chance.”

At the end of the first quarter, sophomore Spencer Beyer scored, bringing the game to 3-2 Heritage going into the second period. A slow second period provided only one goal by #24 of the Colorado team. At the half, the score was 4-2 Heritage.

“We still had an opportunity to win the game at the half, two points aren’t enough to make anyone give up,” Moyer said.

In the third quarter, the Lancers came out hard, scoring five goals in the twenty minutes allotted. Sophomore Teagan Willis and junior Matt Moynan both scored one goal, with Spencer Beyer scoring three. This brought the score to a 7-4 lead over the Heritage lacrosse program. In the fourth quarter of the game, the Carlsbad Lancers scored two more goals, while the Eagles scored three. The final score of the game was 9-7 Lancers.

“After the first period we played pretty solid defense and scored a lot,” junior Jacob Evans said. “We weren’t about to let the Heritage program come out here and walk all over us. It was a great comeback and an overall great game.”

Comments

*