• LETTER OF INTENT SIGNING DAY AT HALL OF CHAMPIONS CONGRATS TO ALL THE STUDENTS!

• Pertussis Notification: please check Schoolloop for notification and letter

• Host an Australian Exchange Student - arrangements need to be made before Thanksgiving!

• CEF FALL 2014 PHOTO CONTEST

• WELCOME DR. JOSH PORTER, OUR NEW PRINCIPAL!

Former Charger Junior Seau dies in Oceanside home

Montana Kosty

Family members mourn the tragic loss of Junior Seau on May 2 outside his Oceanisde home.

Shon Cagungun, Assistant Editor

On May 2, former San Diego Charger Junior Seau, 43, was found dead with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest in his Oceanside home.

The tragic death of a local legend has left the community to pay their respects and pray for Seau’s family. He is remembered fondly as one who touched lives on and off the field through his passion for football and his work in the local community.

Throughout his career, Seau electrified fans with his explosive play, earning multiple Pro-bowl selections and an induction into the Chargers Hall of Fame following his 2010 retirement. He was also part of the franchise’s lone Super Bowl team.

Making tackles with a ferocious intensity rarely ever matched, Seau was often seen celebrating after a big play.

“Junior Seau’s effort was never in question,” junior Stefan Cooper said. “The hits never stopped, not when he was with the Chargers, Dolphins or Patriots.”

In the community, Seau worked through his own foundation to help kids overcome challenging circumstances and aspire to excellence. The Junior Seau Foundation’s work has been a catalyst for change in the community and will help to commemorate Seau’s memory.

Seau also lives on in the hearts and minds of those who knew him. Teammates, friends, coaches and community members have fond memories of him including former staff at Oceanside High School his alma mater.

“He was always cheerful, had a smile on his face and was upbeat,” former OHS receptionist Romaine Patterson said. “He put out his maximum effort and was a team player.”

The loss of this prolific man has made a considerable impact on San Diego and the entire NFL community. However, with such a life as Seau lived, he will never truly be gone.

“He’s a legacy,” Chargers President Dean Spanos said in a press conference. “He’s going to be remembered by everybody.”
[scrollGallery id=25]

Comments

*