Top 3 boba shops in North County

Always+Popping%2C+TNL+Boba%2C+and+Bubble+Tea+are+all+boba+shops+located+in+North+County.+Each+shop+serves+unique+drinks+with+your+choice+of+topping.+

Kellen Moye

Always Popping, TNL Boba, and Bubble Tea are all boba shops located in North County. Each shop serves unique drinks with your choice of topping.

Kellen Moye, Reporter

Over the past few years, boba tea has become more popular in Carlsbad. Many new boba shops have recently popped up around the community.

This unique drink comes in a variety of different flavors with multiple toppings like tapioca pearls or lychee jelly. Boba is most commonly served with a black tea base mixed with milk and tapioca pearls that sit at the bottom of the cup. All these shops have a unique style to their menu.

Kellen Moye

Always Popping – 300 Carlsbad Village Dr
Always Popping is the closest boba shop to Carlsbad High School. They offer many delicious boba drinks including their snow bubble option. The snow bubble is a creamy blended drink served with your choice of topping. Alongside boba, Always Popping offers gourmet popcorn with flavors like red hot cinnamon and blue raspberry. Their boba teas are the perfect combination with their sweet or salty popcorn. Carlsbad High has also recently hosted a few fundraisers at the shop.

Kellen Moye

TNL Boba- 3829 Plaza Drive, Oceanside
TNL Boba is located in Oceanside and is about three miles from the school. They have a large variety of sweet drinks and coffees. Their most popular drinks are their homemade fruit juices and their boba milk teas. In many of their blended fruit drinks, they offer fruit toppings, making their drinks unique from other boba shops in North County. If you’re craving something other than a drink, they also have baguettes topped with meats, eggs and sauces.

Kellen Moye

Bubble Tea- 667 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd
Bubble Tea is located in San Marcos and has 30 different flavors of drinks ranging from avocado to passion fruit. Along with milk tea, they also serve flavored teas, ice cream slushes and snow smoothies. Some of their flavors are caffeinated, like cappuccino, while others are fruity and sweet, like pineapple.