• The home football game on 8/31 has been moved to 8/30 for safety reasons. JV at 4:30 Varsity at 7

• Drama Club is hosting the first Coffee House Night of the year in Room 5002 at 6pm Oct. 29th. Anyone is welcome to perform or come watch.

• CJ Jones Live! at CHS CAC Oct. 23 Tickets are available now in room 6106 or at the CAC ticket window 6:00 PM the night of the performance

• Parents go to the Biography Room in the CHS library on Thursday, October 23rd from 8-9:00am for information on Athletics

• WELCOME DR. JOSH PORTER, OUR NEW PRINCIPAL!

Lancer baseball moves past first round of playoffs

Nick LaBounty

Senior Addison Domingo pitched six scoreless innings for the Lancers.

Nick La Bounty, Assistant Editor

On Tuesday, May 22, varsity baseball defeated the Otay Ranch Mustangs 4-0 to move on to the next round of the San Diego CIF Playoffs.

Senior Addison Domingo pitched six scoreless innings, and junior Slater Lee was able to close out the game and keep the Mustangs from scoring.  The Lancers only had three hits- two by senior Austin Avan, compared to the Mustangs five.

“Addie pitched a great game and I’m glad I was able to come up with a few hits, too,” Avan said.

Carlsbad was able to take advantage of four errors by the Mustangs and kept from committing any errors themselves.

“I was thankfully able to pitch a pretty clean game, but my teammates helped me out with some great defense,” Domingo said.

In possibly the last home game of the season, the Lancers had great crowd support.

“It was cool that our boys shutout Otay.  Addison pitched really well and kept them scoreless.  Go Lancers,” senior Haley Hendricks said.

The Lancers will face the number 4 seed Torrey Pines Falcons in the second round.  Domingo hit a two run homerun in the last meeting between the two teams, but the Falcons prevailed 3-2.

Comments

*