Lancer Jacks provides students an option outside the normal lunch line

Sarah Brooks, Reporter

When the bell rings and lunch begins, the lunch lines begin to fill up. It can seem to take forever before it is time to finally eat the food someone receives. However, open daily, and located near the library and just around the corner from the lunch lines, Lancer Jacks is a restaurant style lunch line for students, and run by some students.  

At Lancer Jacks, students can visit a new kind of lunch line with friends at school in a restaurant setting. According to students who go to Lancer Jacks, students less time of waiting in line and more time to eat their food. In a convenient location, and not much of a wait, the store is gaining popularity on campus, and has food options the lunch lines do not have such as frozen yogurt cups. 

“Lancer Jacks is super convenient for me to get lunch because I am not wasting my lunch to stand in line and wait for food, instead it takes me at most five minutes to get food from Lancer Jacks,” freshman Lilli O’Connell said.  

Students can simply walk in and sometimes wait in a short line, and then are met by their peers at a cash register and buy their food. Students usually receive their food within seconds and have plenty of time to eat.

“Inside of Lancer Jacks, everyone is friendly and ready to help,” freshman Casey Lavin said. “For example if they are out of something I want, they let me know what else they have so I can get my lunch.”

The Lancer Jacks environment is easy going and according to some students, the environment makes them happy. Also, students say seeing people you know working makes the experience better.  

“Since Lancer Jacks is run by kids, it’s a super happy environment and it’s fun to see people you know working,” O’Connell said.   

Students say the people that are working are helpful and make sure students get in and out with food. It is a good learning experience for students to learn about being in, and working at a restaurant environment. 

“Inside of Lancer Jacks, everyone is friendly and ready to help,” Lavin said. “For example, if they are out of something I want, they let me know what else they have so I can get my lunch.”