Lily Nolte: Rising sophomore star

Courtesy of Meredith Kane

Nolte pictured at the “Pink Game” that takes place every year in October to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.

Hannah Lewis, Reporter

Sophomore Lily Nolte is taking action to get involved on and off campus. As sophomore class president,  a dual sport athlete, student and  ASB member, Nolte has a rigorous schedule. But, in being such an active member of her high school community, Nolte has gained positive life experiences that she will take with her for the rest of her life. 

Nolte’s accomplishments do not come without hard work and determination. Being so involved in her community has presented many challenges and taught her how to maintain such a crazy schedule as an underclassman. 

“Being a student-athlete has been challenging,” Nolte said. “Especially on game days, it’s really hard to balance time between school, sports and the mental stress of getting into a good mindset.” 

Nolte’s part of the Carlsbad High School women’s soccer team as well as the women’s tennis team. having these commitments while balancing her school life has allowed Nolte to adopt study strategies and time management skills which she will use in the future. 

“I’ve found that it’s important to manage your time well,” Nolte said. “I personally use planners and to make lists to organize myself.”  

Nolte’s organization is part of what makes her so successful on a daily basis. She plans to continue her involvement in athletics on campus through track, tennis and soccer. But she also is looking forward to becoming more involved in the study body aspect of CHS through ASB. 

“Some of my goals for the next two years would be to maximize my high school career by staying in ASB and continuing to get involved in extracurriculars,” Nolte said. 

Nolte’s involvement has taught her many life lessons about hard work and determination. She hopes to inspire CHS students to get involved in any way they can and make a difference in your community. 

“Being a part of ASB and having the student body position as class president has definitely taught me a lot about leadership,” Nolte said. “I have learned about the importance of school spirit and why getting involved is so important during the four years you have here.”