Football team wins third straight

On Friday night, the Lancers kept their win streak alive by defeating the Torrey Pines Falcons 14-10.  Sophomore  quarterback Christian Chapman impressed in his first start for the Lancers, covering for injured senior Tanner Wrisley.  Chapman passed for 137 yards and a touchdown.  Without Wrisley, the Lancers were reliant on their running game–junior Shawn Cameron ran for a game-high 161 yards.

Both scores came from senior Christian Ramos, who ran for one touchdown and caught a pass from Chapman for the other. The Lancer defense deserves credit as well–they forced four punts and two turnovers from the Falcons’ nine possessions.

“The defense played lights out, Chapman stepped up and led the offense, and it was nice to have Ramos come back from injury and score a couple of TD’s,” senior linebacker Austin Paterson said. “It was an all around great team performance.”

The crowd support at the game was immense and the home bleachers were flooded with fans.  Since this game ended up selling out, future home games will have tickets go on sale the day before the event.

The addition of the new spirit section called the Purple Pit helped rally the crowd and add event.

“Being in the Purple Pit was so much fun.  Everyone was cheering for the players, and we all had a good time,” senior Olivia Oas said.  “Hopefully the next three home games will be just as exciting!”

The Lancers (3-1) have recovered from a season-opening loss, handing the Falcons (1-3) their third straight defeat.