• Peer tutors available in library before & after school
  • Follow @thelancerlink on Instagram, Twitter & TikTok
News for the Carlsbad High School Community

The Lancer Link

The Lancer Link

The Lancer Link

Senior Night acknowledges athletes

On February 8, CHS battled against RBV and five seniors played their last home game. This game marked an important milestone in the senior athlete’s sports career. Before the game, seniors were acknowledged for their hard work and commitment to basketball throughout high school by getting introduced at a special ceremony before the game.

“Senior night was very bittersweet and emotional,” Senior Lucas Porter said. “It was our last home game and we remembered all the good years.”

During Senior Night, the basketball players remembered their memories and accomplishments throughout the season.  The biggest achievement was beating one of the top teams in the county: El Camino

“This season we beat El Camino for the first time in a long time which felt amazing,” Senior Billy Brink said. “The win made us grow closer as a team.”

Players walked away from the game Tuesday night remembering all of their important and successful basketball accomplishments over the years. They left proud of their achievements but sad to leave everything behind.

“The accomplishments that I have made during my high school basketball career is becoming captain and becoming a starter,” Senior Patrick Sullvian said. “I am very proud of my accomplishments.”

Few of our basketball athletes will continue their basketball career in college, while the majority say goodbye to basketball forever. Regardless of whether or not athletes will play in college, nothing will replace the fun of high school basketball.

“I will not be playing basketball next year,” Sullvian said. “I am going to Palomar college next fall.”

At the last game, seniors felt sad leaving their high school basketball journey behind. Overall, every player has learned life lessons from play high school basketball that will impact them forever.

“Basketball has made me a better human being,” Brink said. “It is going to be sad to see all of it go.”