• Prom 5/12

• AP testing begins May 1

• Graduation 6/14

• ASL show 4/20 & 4/21

• Choir POP show 6/1 & 6/2

Shop locally at Carlsbad farmer’s market

Booths setup at the village street fair for sale of food and other items, Wednesday, Nov. 8. The village street fair occurs on State Street in the village on Wednesdays.

by Maddie Ward

by Maddie Ward

Jules Cisco, Staff Writer

From cheesecake in a cup to vegan cuisine, the Carlsbad farmer’s market has it all. Every Wednesday from 3p.m. to 6p.m., State Street is full of vendors from all around offering their products to the town of Carlsbad. People can walk around and take a look at handmade crafts, produce, foods and more, all the while listening to live music. It may be a small area, but the quality is what really shines. You can instantly smell the fresh food being made as soon as you walk near.

A vendor at the market that may catch your eye is Kelly’s Croutons. These dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan croutons are a new twist on typical products people are used to seeing. At only eight dollars per product, Kelly’s Croutons reinvents the old-fashioned product that many are well acquainted with.

“My favorite part of being a vendor at events is sharing our delicious vegan products with people that are not vegan, yet they love, love, love our products,” Kelly from the Vegan Kelly’s Croutons said. 

Walking around the market, one might notice the common vendor, Cookie Doh!. This gluten free and vegan, safely edible cookie dough was created by Pastry Chef Annie and her boyfriend Nick. Common cookie dough is not meant to be simply eaten, but Cookie Doh! has given everyone the opportunity to try their dough. This cookie dough can both be eaten and baked. Not only is it a big hit at the farmers market, but Cookie Doh! has made its way into 18 local grocery stores.

“We love being able to see the smiles of amazement on our customers faces after they try our cookie dough,” Annie said. “They can’t believe it’s vegan and gluten free and it actually tastes good.”

Not only does the weekly Carlsbad farmer’s market provide food, but it also provides friendly faces and chances to meet new people. If you are looking to meet new faces and have great conversation, the Carlsbad Farmers Market is the place to go. Shopping locally brings a new perspective on shopping as a whole.

“The farmers markets are full of lots of amazing local vendors and that’s the place to go if you truly want to support your local small businesses” Annie said.