Top 5 rainy day activities

Jorden Hopp

Students run out in the rain with their umbrellas and hoods, hoping to find a dry place to enjoy their lunchtime.

Jorden Hopp, Social Media Editor

Rainy days are a great time to do indoor activities and take some time for yourself. These days are often relaxing, but can also be a little boring. Here are some fun things to do when you’re stuck inside on a rainy day.

Play board games

Board games are a fun way to keep busy and a great family bonding activity. Hosting a friend’s game night can be a fun way to get competitive and have a leisurely time. Mastering new games allow you to be able to play more strategically.

Movie marathon

Having a movie marathon or binging your favorite show is a great way to relax and unwind. Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, or any other streaming service are always stocked with good TV shows and movies for a rainy day. Starting a new series or watching a classic comfort movie is always a great way to pass the time.

Bake something new

Baking can be very rewarding and fun. You can make delicious treats and modify them however you like. There are many great online recipes to explore, or you could even explore your family heritage by making an old family recipe. In the end, you will be left with a feeling of accomplishment and can relax while you eat your new favorite treat.

Read a book

If you’re looking to relax and explore a different world, pick up a book and let your mind wander. Reading is a classic way to spend a day indoors, as well as a fun way to escape reality for a few hours. Bundling up by a fire with hot cocoa, a blanket, and a good book is a great way to relax and appreciate the rainy day.

Clean

Cleaning can be one of the best ways to spend a rainy day because it’s very productive. Getting some laundry done or other household chores not only helps your family but is also very satisfying to complete. It increases comfort and relaxation to spend time in a clean environment, so it is rewarding for both you and your family.