Fall art exhibition features students’ creative side

Artist: Harper Moore Medium: Acrylic Paint Art Course: Art 1

On Nov. 7, the newest art pieces were placed in the entryway of the Cultural Arts Center. The fall art reception was held after school, and many students, teachers and family members went to admire this year’s fall art work.

For any students who did not get the chance to view this year’s selection of student art, it will be on display until Dec. 19.  The art was up for all who attended the fall play, ‘Almost Maine,’  the choir concert and the Lancer Dancer Showcase.

“I think the art exhibition is great. It’s a nice way to showcase the art,” art teacher Ms. Martin said.

The exhibit has artwork from  Art I and II, Drawing and Painting, AP Art and Ceramics. The selections are chosen by the art teachers who monitor their students’ progress.  Local artists judged the students’ work, awarding in the categories titled Best in Show, (first through third) runners up and honorable mentions.

Randy Garcia was awarded ‘Best in Show’ for her piece titled ‘Girl Under Water.’ First runner up was awarded to Jenna Palm. Marielle Partido was chosen as the second runner up, and third runner up was awarded to Madison Nelson. There were also many honorable mentions among this remarkable collection.

An important part of the CHS Art Program is allowing students to display their work and learn from the experience. The exhibitions help students grow as artists and encourage them to keep improving.

“The art show helps to raise your confidence as an artist and it shows off people’s art skills,” freshman Andie Naugler said.

Although the fall exhibition isn’t over yet, art teachers are already planning ahead for the spring showing. They hope to keep the CAC open at lunch, allowing students to view the artwork during school hours.

Be sure to visit the fall art exhibition through Dec. 19 in the Cultural Arts Center to appreciate the high-quality work created by fellow Lancers.

“The art show helps me to see other artwork, and it inspires me to do better,” freshman Emma Veidt said.