• Prom 5/12

• AP testing begins May 1

• Graduation 6/14

• Orchestra concert 6/4

• Choir POP show 6/1 & 6/2

Filed under Opinion, Top Ten

Top 10 shows to watch on Netflix

Ever since the company’s launch in 1998, Netflix has only been gaining more popularity throughout the years. As of January 2018, the company is worth around $110 billion. With endless options of TV shows and movies, viewers can always find something to watch in their free time. To me, these are the top 10 TV shows to get you started.

1. Stranger Things– To start off, lets just say things get pretty strange. When 12 year old Will Byers goes missing in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, secrets of the town start to unravel after the discovery of a supernatural monster wreaking havoc in Hawkins. Three best friends Dustin, Mike, and Lucas set off to search for Will and make an unusual friend along the way.
  2. Friends– Set in New York City in the 90’s, six best friends Ross, Rachel, Joey, Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe live in the same apartment complex all while learning the best parts of life: love and friendship.
  3. That 70’s Show– Set in the suburb of Point Place Washington, a group of best friends nearing adulthood experience everything typical high schoolers experience: love, heartbreak, rebellion, partying, and more.
  4. The Office– At a paper company office in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the staff of Dunder-Mifflin is full of interesting, quirky personalities, but somehow Michael Scott manages to keep everything together.
  5. Parks and Recreation– Leslie Knope, worker in Indiana Parks and Recreation Department strives to make her town a beautiful place by turning an abandoned construction site into a community park but her and her staff face many challenges along the way under the direction of boss Ron Swanson.
  6. Black Mirror– Focusing on the scary effect technology has on society, each episode of Black Mirror is a stand alone drama about the new modern world.
  7. Orange is the New Black– Public Relations executive Piper Chapman’s dark past finally catches up to her and sends her to prison. Set in minimum security all women prison, Litchfield Penitentiary, Chapman adjusts to her new life behind bars all while meeting many eccentric people along the way.
  8. Bojack Horseman– Once a 90’s sitcom star, Bojack Horseman has fallen into a downward spiral of self loathing and alcohol problems. 18 years after the hit show “Horsin’ Around” was cancelled, Bojack is determined to regain his dignity with his friends by his side.
  9. The End of the F**king World– Two troubled 17 year old outsiders James and Alyssa meet and embark on a road trip to escape home, and have very violent, interesting events along the way.
  10. 13 Reasons Why– Two weeks after high schooler Hannah Baker’s suicide, Clay Jensen finds a mysterious box full of tapes on his front porch.  Inside the box are recordings made by Hannah, giving the 13 reasons why her life came to an end, and he is one of them.

Jules Cisco, staff writer
Jules Cisco is a junior at Carlsbad High. Photography has been a passion of hers for a few years, and she’ll capture anything that catches her eye. Jules has traveled her whole life and plans to do it more. She listens to a wide variety of music such as alternative, rap, indie, country, and more....