Top 10 things to do during spring break

April 15, 2019

Spring Break, the break of spring. The time where you forget what day it is and a sleep schedule does not exist anymore, one of the most popular breaks of the year. Many people will go out of town for break but if you plan on staying around, there’s plenty of fun to do within our county that will keep you busy all of spring break.

1. Go to the beach: You really can never go wrong with the beach, it doesn’t get old. Honestly, nothing is better than laying out a huge blanket, jamming to some music and tanning (or burning because some people aren’t that lucky) with some friends. What’s a vacation without the beach?

2. Go surfing: Or learn how to, if you haven’t yet. Put aside the fears of sharks and deep water and go try to surf. California is famous for surf spots and there will always be people willing to teach you. Surfing allows one to create a new love for the ocean and overall get a new perspective on nature.

3. Go camping: Bonfires, s’mores, hammocking and more, camping is a great way to get away from regular daily life and to truly unplug for a bit. Going camping isn’t just about going outside, it’s about finding a new appreciation for nature and the world around you.

4. Go to the Flower Fields: Open for about 6 to 8 weeks in the spring, the flower fields showcase a variety of beautiful, vibrant flowers spanning across 55 acres. Visitors can enjoy multiple activities such as tractor rides, mazes, the greenhouse, rose garden and more.

5. Go to La Jolla: La Jolla shores is a popular beach known for it’s breathtaking views, seals and mysterious caves in the middle of the sea. There is a wide variety of activities to do such as snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking and more.

6. Go to the Carlsbad Farmers Market: Open every Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., the Carlsbad Farmers Market on State Street has a variety of booths selling things anywhere from baked goods to organic fruits and drinks.

7. Go to the Oceanside Sunset Market: Every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., the Oceanside Sunset Market is a great place to spend the evening eating food and shopping while listening to live music from local bands.

8. Ride the coaster around SoCal: Buy a train ticket and just go adventure around the county. The coaster can take you anywhere from Oceanside all the way to Santa Fe Depot.

9. Go to the lagoon: With a variety of water sports equipment to rent for the day, the Carlsbad Lagoon is full of endless fun whether it be jet skiing, trying to stay up on a paddle board or kayaking.

10. Just relax: Put on some pjs, make some comfort food and just lay in bed all day and binge watch your favorite Netflix shows. Don’t feel pressured to HAVE to go do something during break, staying inside in the comfort of your own home is always the way to go.