Tips for the savvy holiday shopper

Jamming out to Christmas music, making cookies, sitting by the fire with hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies seems picture perfect. However, searching stores all over town trying to find gifts for your friends and family can be stressful and expensive. Do not worry, just use these shopping tricks to give everyone a creative and fun gift without overspending and getting stressed out.

“Christmas shopping never stresses me out because I love my family very much and love shopping for them,” Junior Felix Zeballos said. “Christmas is my favorite time of year.”

First make a budget, many people tend to forget the amount of money they spent. Make a list of the amounts of money you want to spend for each person. This technique makes Christmas shopping less expensive. Download the gift pony on an ipod touch or android, to avoid overspending.

” I always have to make a budget before I go shopping,” Junior Mckenna Tollack said. “If I do not make a budget, I will spend way to much money.”

During the holidays some students find themselves super busy. Start shopping earlier in the year so you will not deal with worrying about presents in December.
“I start my holiday shopping in July because I know I am always busy during December,” Senior Nina Olivier said.
Some students without jobs have no money for gift giving. Try making a gift; gifts from the heart are just as wonderful as store bought gifts. Knit clothes, make toys for younger siblings, paint a beautiful picture and make jewelry.

“One year I made my sister a potato head and knit my mom a sweater,” Senior Devon Pinto said. “I bought a potato and found stuff around my house and it turned out looking really good. She loved it she still plays with it today. My mom also always wears her sweater.”

Make a list of ideas for everyone’s gifts before shopping. Entering a store having no idea what to get will seem very frustrating and nonpleasurable. Try looking online before hitting the actual stores.

“The hardest part of Christmas shopping is deciding what to get people,” Tollack said. “Christmas shopping is a lot more enjoyable when I have a list on what to get people.”

Overall, holidays are a happy time of year and should not be spent stressing out about Christmas presents.

“I love Christmas shopping because it puts you in the holiday spirit,” Olivier said. “I love giving to others.”