• Peer tutors available in library before & after school
  • Follow @thelancerlink on Instagram, Twitter & TikTok
News for the Carlsbad High School Community

The Lancer Link

The Lancer Link

The Lancer Link

Classes at 24 hour fitness show a new approach to fitness

When most people think of going to the gym and working out, treadmills and lifting weights come to mind. Local gym 24 hour fitness offers a variety of fun group fitness classes. Classes include Turbo kick, Everlast Shadow Box, Yoga, Aqua, 24 Cycle, Camp 24, 24 Lift, Pilates, Cardio Mix and Zumba.

All of the classes work different parts of the body and provide great benefits for the body. The cardio classes benefit the body by providing easier weight loss and better sleep. Core classes benefit athletes because the outcomes of core workouts area improve body control and balance, greater efficiency of movement and increased power output in all muscles.

“I took these classes because I wanted to take advantage of my membership,” Senior Kolby Weisenburger said. “They are more fun then working out on machines.  The classes are very different.”

Doing the same typical workout routine can get really boring but these classes introduce new moves and excersize every week. Anyone could take these classes a million times and never get bored.

“I always try to exercise in different ways,” Senior Ellen Price said. “ I think it is very important.”

The most popular classes are Zumba and Turbo Kick. Both classes will get your heart rate up and get your adrenaline pumping. Turbo kick teaches punches and kicks similar kickboxing. Zumba teaches thrilling dance moves.

“I first started taking Zumba because I saw people doing it and I thought it would be fun to try,” Price said. “After I tried it, I ended up going a lot.

These classes show a new approach to fitness. Instructors push all members to work harder in order to complete a great workout. These classes make working out fun because friends can go together and have a blast working out together.

“I take zumba class. I decided to go because all my friends went and thought it would be fun to get exercise,” Senior Jessie Hampton said. “When you’re in a group, it is easier to push yourself.  You are not as motivated when you are on your own.”

These classes show an entertaining way to get a great workout. If you go to 24 hour fitness take advantage of your membership and start taking some classes.

“I enjoy going to classes because they are bizarre and outside my comfort zone,” Price said. “ The instructors were very positive and enthusiastic and I plan on starting to go daily.

View Comments (1)