BRIEF: New club focuses on helping community

Stella Riggio, Reporter

Leah Fairchild is a founder of Key Club, a new club introduced to campus. It began as an organization that serves the community and helps out people in need, and the girls decided to bring it to CHS.  

“We create an environment that gives students the opportunity to be more involved in their community,” senior Myka Gutridge said.

During the meetings they put together a variety of necessities that they can give out to the people who need them. These items are universally helpful and benefit many different situations and people.

“We have a different service project every meeting; making children blankets, cards for survivors/first responders, homeless blessing bags, etc,” senior Leah Fairchild said.

They understand that it is hard to do more work outside of school, so they accomplish most of their projects in their meetings which are every odd Tuesday. With that being said, there are also outside volunteering opportunities available through the club.

Both of them are very involved in the community and thought creating this club would be a fun way to have more people experience giving back.

“My favorite part is seeing how many people show [up, are] eager to participate each day, and being able to show others the value of service,” Fairchild said.