• CHS Lancer Dancer Showcase rescheduled to 12/14 and 12/20

• Choir Holiday Showcase 12/2

• CHS Band Concert 12/19

• Boys Basketball vs CHS Alumni 11/22

• CHS Band Fundraiser: Ruby's Diner 11/30

Review: The Flash

The Flash, starring Grant Gustin, enters the fourth season of the show. The TV adaptation of The Flash comics can be watched on the CW.

CW

CW

James Doll, staff writer

The superhero genre has always been thought to target younger audiences, but recently the CW has changed the way people view these action-packed shows. With their hit television series, “The Flash,”  accumulating a large fan base, the company can proudly say they changed a once childish genre into one that many of all ages can enjoy. The show will be airing it’s fourth season this October, and to say the least, fans cannot wait.

The CW is known for their DC franchise shows such as Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  All these shows have extremely high reviews, scoring 95%- 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. The shows have many similarities, such as the fact that they are all set in the same universe called “Arowverse,” resulting in the occasional crossover. The creators, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, hope to make fans happy with each episode they air and continue to work hard every season to do so. 

Season four of “The Flash” is set to premier on Oct. 10 and is expected to be better than the last season of the show. Season three of “The Flash” is set in Central City 2016 where Barry Allen, The Flash, needs to stop the time remnant that he created from destroying the family he has left. In order to do this, he has to get faster to stop his time remnant, Savitar, and achieves this in the end. Throughout the season, Allen has to fight new side villains to get to Savitar in the end and kill him. The season concludes with Allen defeating Savitar and him stepping into the speedforce, the power that grants Allen his powers, and re-uniting with his dead mother.

On screen, the cast plays the perfect role of the hero type; whether it is an extremely sad scene or the happiest that the character can be, they nail it. However, while the acting was exceptional in this season, the storyline was the same as the previous two seasons. The plot consists of every villain being a step ahead of Allen making the events very predictable. Every season ends with Allen finally defeating a ‘speedster’ villain and feeling sorry for himself because he feels as if he is not complete.

This show is not only filled with action, but consists of genuine characters that make the show whole. The diverse cast do the original comics justice and make the show worth watching.

Be sure to look out on the CW for season 4 Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. for the premiere of “The Flash” season four.