Actress Stefanie Scott talks ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’

Tristan Baez, Writer

Lancer Link was able to catch up with upcoming actress Stefanie Scott to talk about her role in the new film ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ as Quinn Brenner. A few high school journalists were invited to talk with Scott in an exclusive interview.

Most known for her work on Disney’s ‘A.N.T. Farm,’ the 18-year-old actress has never worked in a horror film before.

“Every set is a complete learning experience,” Scott said. “I went onto a thriller directly after working with Disney, that was really intense so I really think it helped prepare me for that.”

Scott also met and worked with first time director, Leigh Whannell, for the project.

“He was such a wonderful director especially when it came down to character development. He made sure to do things before scenes started to make sure that we were in the right mindset to be in the scene and expressing the emotions,” Scott said. “He can write a horror script like nobody else. It was an honor to be able to work with him.”

Following the release of ‘Insidious,’ later this year in October, Scott will also star in the 80’s nostalgia film ‘Jem and the Holograms.’ As an upcoming and growing actor, Scott tells how ‘Insidious’ has helped her excel as an actress.

“I think if I could take anything from ‘Insidious’ it would be to go to places – you know, you didn’t know you could go and to be really intense and to not be scared anymore,” Scott said. “I think it really freed me up a bit and helped me feel slightly more fearless than I was before.”

The one thing Stefanie Scott was not afraid of was bad horror clichés.

“I think the crazy – the [worst] horror cliché is probably when a happy family goes and moves into their new house and it just happens to be haunted and they don’t leave. I would like to be out of there in two seconds if it was haunted,” Scott joked.

Stefanie Scott can be seen in ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ opening in theaters everywhere this Friday.