“Alice in Wonderland” thrills viewers

In Tim Burton‘s new filmAlice in Wonderland,” childhood viewers get the opportunity to see what happens to Alice. Burton creates a sequel to the popular novel and Disney film “Alice in Wonderland.” In this exhilarating film, Alice is a nineteen year old who has an immense imagination. Throughout her entire life, Alice has nightmares about, once again, falling down a hole and returning to Wonderland.

The movie starts off when a young man with a boring personality proposes to Alice at a huge party in front of all the guests. She feels pressured and needs to get away. Alice chases a white rabbit and falls down a rabbit hole on her adventure to Wonderland. When Alice arrives, she learns that Wonderland is in great danger. Alice must slay the giant Jabberwocky, a dragon like creature controlled by the queen, to save Wonderland.

“Alice in Wonderland” uses many eye-catching special effects which makes the movie appealing. Wonderland has many pretty colors, beautiful flowers, friendly and unique people. The same friendly and traditional creatures, such as the Cheshire Cat, Blue Caterpillar and the white rabbit, return for the new adventure . In some theaters, all of these creatures and characters are in 3D, which makes the movie even more exciting.

Disney took a big risk with this movie and expect it to make loads of money; they even purchased a huge four page full color advertisement in the “LA Times.” All of the hard work film makers put into it paid off. In the opening weekend, “Alice in Wonderland” made one hundred million dollars.

In the ad, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter looked very frightening. Although it seemed like this character would intimidate little kids, the Mad Hatter had a great personality, a strong friendship with Alice, had a few funny lines, and proves an overall generous person.

Children and teenagers will enjoy the continuation of Alice’s story and adults will appreciate the exciting action scenes. The overall movie is filled with adventure. Tim Burton has added a creative and new twist. Next time your family wants to see a movie together suggest “Alice and Wonderland.” Everyone will enjoy it.

Forget those bad rumors you may hear about “Alice in Wonderland.” See it! Go with your friends, parents, or younger siblings. This movie is the greatest family movie ever. I guarantee, you will enjoy the movie.