• The home football game on 8/31 has been moved to 8/30 for safety reasons. JV at 4:30 Varsity at 7

• Drama Club is hosting the first Coffee House Night of the year in Room 5002 at 6pm Oct. 29th. Anyone is welcome to perform or come watch.

• CJ Jones Live! at CHS CAC Oct. 23 Tickets are available now in room 6106 or at the CAC ticket window 6:00 PM the night of the performance

• Parents go to the Biography Room in the CHS library on Thursday, October 23rd from 8-9:00am for information on Athletics

• If you would like to experience Ireland, England, and France next summer, go to room 807 at lunch on 10/22 for more info

Spirit week super hero: TR

Shelby Rowe, Editor-in-Chief

For the past 43 years, TR, the ASB advisor,  has been spreading Lancer spirit across the campus and has yet to disappoint.  TR’s outstanding effort and passion are only the few reasons why Spirit Week is put on year after year, which is why he is Carlsbad High School’s Spirit Week Super Hero.

Lancer Link: How much time have you put into Spirit Week?

TR: Months. It’s huge. There are multitudinous things to pull of.

Lancer Link: What have you done to prepare for Spirit Week?

TR: Well, we first start with an idea for the theme and have to plan the dress up days around it. Then, we have to decide which class represents which specific super hero. We have to set up committees and call companies, place bids. We also have to get out nominations for court and have a committee count them. Students and teachers help out a lot, but it’s just one thing after another.

Lancer Link: Are there any surprises for the Lancer Day assembly or during half time for the Homec0ming game?

TR: There’s always something at the end of half time. Carlsbad High School graduate, Sal Masekela is going to be at the assembly and put into the Hall of Fame along with many others.

The members of ASB worked with TR daily to prepare for Spirit Week, so The Lancer Link asked a few members how much effort TR really puts into Spirit Week.

Shannon Caulfield: He puts all his hard work into making spirit week come out amazing! He tells ASB what we need to do and tell us his ideas! Then we combine our ideas with his to make a great week!

Shyenn So: He works super hard and we can all tell because he gets all grouchy! To be honest, he is very much needed, but ASB does the really hard work. He is just there for the final decisions, but we couldn’t do it without him.

Comments

*